Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Automation and Integration System
Mission Statement: Setting the standard of excellence in service to the Pennsylvania workers' compensation community.
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry is dedicated to serving not only the workers' compensation community, but all Pennsylvania employers and workers. The Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC), the Workers' Compensation Office of Adjudication (WCOA), and the Workers' Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB) continue to modernize the Workers' Compensation Automation and Integration System (WCAIS).
WCAIS provides the workers' compensation community:
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) which supports claims management and workflow, allowing staff and stakeholders to view and annotate documents electronically.
- "24/7" availability of online service, including document filing and management
- Faster claims processing and litigation times and a more efficient adjudication system
- Greater transparency
- Improved data management and recordkeeping
- Program efficiency
- Enhanced Customer Service
We welcome feedback. Please visit our Contact Us page to get in touch.