Notice of Availability of Services
The Pennsylvania State Workers’ Insurance Fund (SWIF) provides Accident and Illness Prevention Services through its internal staff, as well as contracted third-party Loss Prevention consultants. All third -party service providers meet the qualification standards established by the Department of Labor & Industry, Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC).
Accident & Illness Prevention Services that are maintained or provided for policyholders:
- On-site Initial and Follow-up Surveys: to identify existing or potential accident and illness hazards or safety program deficiencies.
- Written Recommendations to address observed deficiencies.
- Analysis of Accident Causes at worksites
- Accident & Illness Prevention Program evaluations
- Industrial Hygiene Surveys
- Industrial Health Services
- Accident & Illness Prevention Training Programs
- Consultations Regarding Specific Safety and Health Problems
- Pre-Operational Process Reviews
- Assistance to Establish an Effective Safety Committee Training
- Initial Training to Qualify a Safety Committee to Qualify for The BWC 5% Annual Safety Credit.
Employers must apply to BWC for Initial or annual renewal Certification of their Workplace Safety Committee to be eligible for a 5% credit on their annual workers’ compensation insurance premium. Renewal credits are applied to the next renewal period.
Questions may be directed to the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Health & Safety Division at (717) 772-1635 or, https://www.dli.pa.gov/Businesses/Compensation/WC/safety; SWIF or your insurance Agent/Broker.
For additional safety resources including free webinars, please visit the BWC, PATHS website at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, Labor-Management Safety Committees, as part of an overall Safety Program, can help reduce work-related diseases and injuries in the workplace.
For additional information about these services, contact the SWIF Loss Prevention Department at (570) 963-3131 or 570-614-5977.