Student Transition Readiness into Vocation and Education
March 4 – May 27, 2021
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation’s Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services (BBVS) is pleased to offer STRIVE ON, Student Transition Readiness into Vocation and Education.
STRIVE ON is an opportunity to interact in a virtual environment with peers with visual impairments, create relationships, get to know yourself and explore your capabilities in a fun and interactive setting.
The spring session features a virtual class, conducted once a week in the evenings for two hours over a twelve-week period. The session will be filled with exciting and engaging instruction and conversations designed to promote access and utilization of assistive technology, self-advocacy and employability skills as it relates to students’ future post-secondary and employment goals.
- Eligible students must be active customers of BBVS.
- Program is available at no cost to eligible students currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Focus areas include assistive technology, self-advocacy and employability.
- Sessions will be held utilizing Microsoft Teams.
- Students should have the ability to independently access and actively participate in the sessions each week.
Learn more about STRIVE ON
Apply to the STRIVE ON Spring 2021 Session
If you have program questions or are interested in receiving information about STRIVE ON, please contact:
Karen Walsh-Emma, MS, CRC
VR Specialist Supervisor
Bureau of Blindness & Visual Services
8 W. Market Street, Suite 200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Your Local BBVS District Office Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor