Begin Main Content Area
TO: The Workers' Compensation Community
FROM: MaryKay Rauenzahn, Director
Workers' Compensation Office of Adjudication
DATE: August 16, 2011
RE: Obtaining Unemployment Compensation Benefit Offset Information (PDF)
As you may be aware, due to changes in Federal regulations, Pennsylvania recently made changes to the Unemployment Compensation (UC) Chapter 61 regulations, effective February 12, 2011. The regulations now contain provisions which limit the use of unemployment compensation information in courts. The following information has been provided to the Workers' Compensation Office of Adjudication in regard to new procedures for obtaining Unemployment Compensation Benefit Offset information in light of these recent regulation changes.


Claimants who do not have records of their state and federal unemployment insurance (UC) payments may obtain a copy of their benefit payment information by accessing the Department of Labor & Industry's web site, By using the "Individuals" link on the left side of the home page, claimants will then see a list of services. Toward the bottom of the page, claimants should access the "Unemployment Compensation" link. This link will bring up a page with a menu on the right side which shows "View Payments." A claimant may then sign onto their account and will be provided with a list of benefit payments that may be printed. Requests should be made Wednesday through Friday, as entire benefit payment records may only be available on those days.
For those claimants unable to access the Department's web site, a claimant or the claimant's attorney may request a copy of the claimant's benefit payment records from the Department. A claimant unable to obtain benefit payment information using the internet should call any UC Service Center and request that a copy be sent to the claimant by U.S. mail. A claimant's attorney may obtain a copy on behalf of the claimant by sending a letter to the UC Disclosure Officer (contact information below) indicating that the attorney is representing the claimant and the claimant is requesting a copy of his or her benefit payment records for a specified period of time and providing the claimant's social security number. The first and second requests for copies are free. For a third or subsequent request for benefit payment records, there is a $20 charge per request. Third and subsequent requests must go through the UC Disclosure Officer and payment must be made prior to the disclosure of the document.


Employers who are seeking information for workers' compensation benefit offsets may submit a request for a Monthly Notice of Compensation Charged, Department Form UC-640. The request should be submitted to the UC Disclosure Officer (contact information below). Employers may request the Monthly Notice for Compensation Charged by either fiscal year [July to June] or by calendar year. Payment for the requested documents must be made prior to the documents being provided. Costs are $32 per fiscal year request and $64 per calendar year request.

UC Contact Information

Matthew Kegg, UC Disclosure Officer
Department of Labor & Industry
Office of UC Benefits
Room 501, L&I Building
651 Boas Street
Harrisburg, PA 17121
(717) 783-3734 (fax)
Department of Labor & Industry | WC Office of Adjudication | 1010 North 7th Street, Room 318 |
Harrisburg, PA 17102-1400
717-783-4151 | Fax 717-425-7592
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program