|| Program Area
|| Completes a ServiceNow Change Request (CR).
|| Coordinate the pick-up of all IT equipment, e-waste, and IT surplus.
- BAS will not pick-up IT equipment, e-waste or IT surplus that has not been coordinated through OIT.
- BAS will notify the OIT Equipment team when deliveries arrive at the L&I building. The OIT Equipment team will review the delivery, sign the Chain of Custody Tracking Form and move the equipment to the OIT secure storage area where OIT will inspect and prepare the equipment for proper disposition.
- IT equipment surplus is consolidated in Room B56.
||Sort equipment into IT surplus and e-waste.
||Search all IT equipment as part of the sorting process for any storage devices or media (hard drive, thumb drives, CD/DVD, etc.).
|| Sort and palletize the following equipment:
OIT will stretch wrap each skid to secure the load for travel.
- Items capable of containing data in serviceable condition;
- Items capable of containing data in unserviceable condition;
- Items not capable of storing data in serviceable condition; and
- Items not capable of storing data in unserviceable condition.
|| Prepare a DGS Chain of Custody (COC) form. When picked up, the COC form will be signed by both L&I and DGS staff verifying the presence of all items listed on the form.
||Prepare and attach a DGS green tag (STD-552) to each skid sorting by the general condition of the items:
- Items not capable of storing data in unserviceable condition are “e-waste”.
- All other categories are “used surplus”.
||Submit the online STD-551 for approval by BAS to surplus the equipment:
- Email a copy of the COC signed by the CIO (or designee) to DGS.
- L&I Equipment Control Property Control Officer will review and approve STD-551 and forward to DGS for approval.
- DGS will review and approve STD-551.
- OIT will receive notice from DGS via a system generated email when STD-551 is approved.
||Prepare and submit a DGS Work Request for DGS pickup who will review, approve, and assign a pickup date.
At this point the custody of the equipment has been transferred from L&I to DGS.
- When DGS staff arrives on site for pickup, OIT will move all skids to the L&I Building loading dock.
- DGS will load all skids into the DGS truck for transportation.
- DGS driver and OIT will sign COC forms, as needed.
||Attach signed COC to CR, update/close the related CR.