PA State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation
The Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation (SBVR) was authorized by the
State Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1988. The SBVR is the policy-approving body for OVR services to individuals with disabilities. Its responsibilities include:
- establishing the philosophy, mission, and goals for OVR;
- establishing and reviewing policies regarding the development of vocational rehabilitation (VR) services;
- preparing and publishing the State Plan;
- reviewing programs and activities which affect VR services;
- assessing the extent to which policies, programs, and activities provide incentives or disincentives to the establishment of community-based services for individuals with disabilities; the integration of individuals with disabilities into the community, school, and the workplace; and contribute to individuals with disabilities' independence and dignity; and
- providing the Governor and General Assembly advice, recommendations, legislative proposals, and additional information the Board deems appropriate.
PA SBVR Membership
The Secretary of the Department of Labor & Industry serves as the Board Chair, and the OVR Executive Director serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member. Board membership consists of ten Pennsylvania citizens appointed by the Governor interested in assisting Pennsylvanians with disabilities to secure and maintain employment and independence. Members shall not dominate any one field of representation and are appointed based on respected standing, interest in rehabilitation, and interest to serve. Members serve six-year terms, and there is no limit to the number of terms that can be served.
PA SBVR Quarterly Meeting Schedule
March 2, 2023 - Hybrid Meeting
June 8, 2023
September 14, 2023
December 7, 2023
PA SBVR Special Sessions
The PA State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation will hold a 60-minute special session on Friday, January 27, 2023, from noon – 1 p.m. to nominate a candidate for the OVR Executive Director position. The meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
PA SBVR Meeting Minutes
Contact the PA SBVR
Please email if you have a question or comment about the SBVR, need SBVR meeting information, or request accommodations for any SBVR meetings: RA-LIOVR-STBOARD-CMT@pa.gov.