Apprenticeships are innovative training programs that allow employers to develop and prepare their future workforce, while providing individuals with an learn-while-you-earn approach to career development. Apprenticeships include:
- Paid Job - Apprentices are paid employees who produce high-quality work while they learn skills that enhance their employers' needs.
- On-the-Job Learning - Develops skilled workers through structured learning in a work setting.
- Classroom Learning - Improves job-related skills through education in a classroom setting (virtual or in-person).
- Mentorship - Provides apprentices with the support of a skilled worker to assist and enhance critical hands-on learning.
- Credentials - Offers a portable, nationally-recognized credential to be issued at the completion of the program.