Begin Main Content Area
Pennsylvania Child Labor Law
Slide 4
Employment Certificates
  • Everyone under 18 years of age needs a employment certificate (working papers).**
  • There are three types of employment certificates;
    1. General employment certificate – for any minor no longer enrolled in school.
    2. Vacation employment certificate – any minor still enrolled in school.
    3. Transferable employment certificate – 16 or 17 year old minors. Can be transferred between employers. (optional)
** Unless you are 17 and graduated or officially terminated from school.