2023 Summer Academy for Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired
BBVS will host a Summer Academy Program to offer high school-age students with visual impairments an opportunity to develop their knowledge, experiences, and awareness related to their future academic and employment goals. To learn more about the program, download our information pamphlet
Students/Parents can apply online using the 2023 Summer Academy Student Application
by Wednesday, February 1, 2023
. Application requirements:
- Be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the 2023-2024 school year
- Be an active participant with the Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services
- Demonstrate basic independent living skills and travel skills
- Be medically stable and knowledgeable of daily medication needs
- Be able to maintain dietary restrictions independently
- Be able to endure traveling on a large college campus physically
Please contact your BBVS Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor or your local district office
if you need assistance with the application process.
The following positions are currently available for anyone interested in employment opportunities
Please note: Applicants must be able to commit to staying on campus and in the dorm and working the full length of the program.