WIOA Combined State Plan Posted for Public Comment
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires the governor of each state to submit a four-year Unified or Combined State Plan outlining the state’s workforce development strategy. Pennsylvania plans to submit a Combined State Plan to include the six core programs (Adult, Dislocated Worker, Youth, Wagner-Peyser, Adult Basic Education and Vocational Rehabilitation), as well the following optional programs:
- Career and technical education programs authorized under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program
- Employment and training programs under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Work programs under Section 6(o) of the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008
- Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers Programs
- Jobs for Veterans State Grants Program
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Community Services Block Grant
- Reintegration of Ex-Offenders Program
The Plan is required to be posted for public comment for a minimum of 30 days. Pennsylvania’s WIOA Combined State Plan was posted for public comment on December 28, 2015. Public comment were accepted until 5 PM on Monday, February 1, 2016.
Pennsylvania’s WIOA Combined State Plan
Any questions regarding Pennsylvania’s WIOA Combined State Plan should be directed to RA-LI-PAWDB@pa.gov.