Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the time frame for review and final decision of a request or appeal to the Industrial Board?
- Where can I obtain a copy of the Appeal, Extension of Time or Variance Request Form?
- What is the fee for appeals and requests to the Industrial Board?
- When does the Board meet?
- If additional information is needed, how do I contact the Industrial Board?
1. What is the time frame for review and final decision of a request or appeal to the Industrial Board?
The Industrial Board has a turn-around review time of 45 to 60 days beginning on the date a petition is received for variances(s) or extensions of time. There are no cut-off dates for submission of requests. After the Board has acted on an appeal or the request, an Industrial Board Order is issued.
2. Where can I obtain a copy of the Appeal, Extension of Time or Variance Request Form?
Forms can be found on the Industrial Board Website on the Forms page.
3. What is the fee for these submissions to the Industrial Board?
$321.00 made payable to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania." All fees paid to the Industrial Board MUST be separate from any fees paid to the Bureau of Occupational and Industrial Safety.
4. When does the Board meet?
In accordance with the Sunshine Law Meeting Notice, (Act 84 of 1986), proposed Industrial Board meeting dates are published as a matter of public record. Meeting dates are subject to change based on Board Member's schedules and, if changed, republication is made.
The proposed meeting dates are as follows:
5. If additional information is needed, how do I contact the Industrial Board?
You may contact the Industrial Board at the following or visit the Industrial Board website.
Labor and Industry Building
651 Boas Street
Harrisburg, PA 17121